[simpits-tech] Need a plan

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sat Jan 22 15:10:59 PST 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 07:05, Bubba wrote:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
> > Go for a -3! Best performance of the bunch, plus you don't have to
> > worry
> > about taking other people for rides. :)
>
> Gotta have that 2nd seat! Not necessarily for a copilot, but for a place to
> carry stuff. I'm going to the airport to talk to a guy about Navions
> tomorrow and apparently he's built and flown (briefly) an RV of some kind.
> It looks like about the right construction for the equipment this shop has.

	Ah I see...........hauling the comp gear to LAN games etc, I understand. :)

> > But if you've just got to
> > have a
> > small engine...........
> > http://www.airdromeaeroplanes.com/dream-classic.htm
>
> That's a bit too far in the other direction ;) A Sonex looks almost right,
> actually. I'm going to look around for Formula 1 designs before I decide on
> anything, though.

	Hmmm Sonex, odd looking bird. Kinda cool though. I've wanted a WWI replica
for a long time myself, but after getting hooked on aerobatics at flight
school, I think I need something more robust and agile. Still, a WWI replica
might be enough, I'd need to fly one first to see how I liked it. Nice thing
about a Nieuport, Sopwith, etc, is I could do aerobatics when I felt like it,
but when I wanted to slow down for nice easy flying, the plane would suit
that too.
	Hmmm, too many expensive hobbies and not enough money. :P

	-Matt Bailey