[simpits-tech] GA to PC headset adaptors

Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net
Sun Feb 27 11:29:07 PST 2005

At 11:11 PM 2/26/2005, you wrote:

>Joseph Fagner wrote:
>>Yeah, I figured it would be an arm and a leg.  Got a buddy who's
>>working on getting a gantry mill set up.  I'm thinking about doing
>>the same as well, but watching how his progress goes.
>>
>>Getting him to cut my parts would be free, shipping them from Indiana
>>to Texas wouldn't be.  Hell, I just need to bite the bullet and build
>>my own and be done with it.  How long you been working on yours?  Got
>>any pictures yet/
>
>Wait, Texas? What part?
>
>I just started on mine this week. My mill is too small to get much done so
>I had to wait until I had access to a bigger one. Even with this
>monstrosity I'll have to do multiple setups for the X ways. If I don't
>cheat it'll take 2 hours to indicate a fence in, but I'll cheat so it'll
>take 2 minutes to bolt down a fence and 2 minutes to cut it perfectly
>square ;) Flycutting a tooling plate parallel to the X-Y plane might take
>a bit longer, but at least I have a powerfeed.
>
>I'm thinking about building a small waterjet just to see if I can pull it
>off. Would REALLY piss off/impress my boss if I could make it work. The
>gantry is easy. The pump, however, is a nightmare. 5000 psi minimum to
>make it work. Hmm, I could just pressurize a water tank with nitrogen,
>that would do it.
>--
>Steve
>N205FT
>mysticz28 at swbell.net
>He who seeks will find, and he who knocks will be let in.

Steve I dont think you could just pressurize you water source in a bottle.
Its going out way to fast to refill and repressurize it.. and you would
have to buy the real deal for a nozel (if I remember there made of special
stuff)
you could just pump it up.. just like the real thing... also remember your
fluid dynamics... or hydraulics basics
if you start with a 4" cylinder with a 4" stroke and you put it into a 1"
cylinder with a 4"stroke you have 4x power from the output...

Good Luck
Happy Siming

Cris Harrison