[simpits-tech] GA to PC headset adaptors

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sun Feb 27 16:02:14 PST 2005

Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net wrote:

> Steve I dont think you could just pressurize you water source in a
> bottle. Its going out way to fast to refill and repressurize it..

It would work for soft materials (nylon, delrin, aluminum) and small cuts,
but would run out fast. Might be good enough to see if the thing will work,
but not enough for "real" use.

> and
> you would have to buy the real deal for a nozel (if I remember there
> made of special stuff)

Yup, and they aren't cheap. $150 each. And they're tungsten. Look at it
wrong and it shatters. We learned that the hard way when the Omax tech
dropped one less than 6" onto a wood counter.

> you could just pump it up.. just like the real thing... also remember
> your fluid dynamics... or hydraulics basics
> if you start with a 4" cylinder with a 4" stroke and you put it into
> a 1" cylinder with a 4"stroke you have 4x power from the output...

The real thing uses a 3 cylinder pump, I'm guessing 2 cyls pump into the
3rd, and it's cooled by chilling the system's water to something like 60
degrees. That's the part that keeps exploding on us. I have a feeling it's
defective, but it could just be that the idiot that ran the machine for the
first 4 months didn't break it in correctly and just went to 100% capacity
on the first cut.
--
Steve
N205FT