[simpits-tech] Pneumatic controllers

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sat Feb 26 00:13:05 PST 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 10:36, Phoenix2000 at phoenixcomm.net wrote:
> Mat It can be done.. its not that hard if you can write some code for a
> microp. your choice
>
> 1. get a small vacuum pump with a tank...  if you want to go to 10,000 feet
> du I don't know the pressure or lack there off, any way...
> 2. you need two electrically controlled valves one for a bleed orifice to
> increases pressure ( you are desending) and you gessed it another for
> vacumm. 3. you will also need an electrical pressure
> sensor so the system knows its pressure..
>
> That's it.. just do the plumbing...

	Thanks Chris. Yeah I more or less know basically what I need to do, I'm just
not sure about specifics, like what kind of electronic pressure regulators
are out there and how they can be controlled. From what Craig was saying on
the viperpit forums, it sounds like a simple variable voltage is all that's
needed on certain units. This I can do. :)
	I could probably learn assembly or something for programming microprocessors
(I think that's what you are referring to?), but with Phidgets, I don't see
the need for it right now. That's something I'll probably play with in the
future though, the idea of being able to take a BASIC stamp or whatever, some
simple electronic components, and make all sorts of interfaces, really
appeals to me. It's just a matter of the initial learning curve..figuring out
what I need, putting it all together, learning a new language. Electronics
would be my weakness here, I'm not very knowledgeable in this department. But
no worries, for now I'm having fun with Python and Phidgets. :) And it looks
like Phidgets can effectively handle just about everything I have planned for
my pit.

	-Matt Bailey