[simpits-tech] GA to PC headset adaptors

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Fri Feb 18 01:51:28 PST 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 21:45, Bubba wrote:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
>
> I got a little box full of a couple of jacks from Mouser today. I'm working
> 6 12's right now (never mind the fact that I had 20 minutes worth of work
> today and even less tomorrow) so I won't have time to screw with them until
> at least Sunday, but the plug fits the jack perfectly and there isn't a
> bushing needed anymore. My headset (Avcomm AC900) is stereo and works great
> with just an adapter, but I'll stop at Radio Shack and fetch a 1/4" stereo
> jack and a pair of 1/8" plugs so it's all nice and neat.

	I'm looking at the specs of various capacitors on mouser and I see SMD, axial
leaded, radial leaded, low impendence, low leakage....?? Does it matter what
type I get for this application? The article only specifies 35v, 22uF
capacitors. I need to get this stuff ordered, I just want to make sure I get
exactly the right stuff so I don't toast my headset or soundcard.

> I'll even go
> overboard and try to get a box punched and bent at work, maybe 20 ga.
> stainless :) Hmm, better yet, I grabbed a 20 pound chunk of 1.5" 6061 out
> of the scrap bin (they call that scrap?!?) and stand in front of a
> seriously large mill* all day :)

	Man, I wish  I knew of a place around here that threw away that kind of
stuff!

> *Seriously large mill = knee mill with enough oomph to make 1.000" cuts in
> 6061 with a 1.25" endmill.

	You, Sir, are too lucky. ;)

	-Matt Bailey