[simpits-tech] GA to PC headset adaptors

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Thu Feb 17 20:45:23 PST 2005

Matt Bailey wrote:

> There's also the DIY route, this schematic seems to cover things well:
>
> http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/adapter.htm
>
> The nice thing is that schematic came from the folks at David Clark
> and the
> guy tested it with a DC headset.....mine is a DC as well. That
> alleviates my
> fears of frying my headset, to some extent, but I'd almost be willing
> to pay
> the $$$ for a commercial setup to avoid almost entirely the
> possibility of
> trashing my headset.

I got a little box full of a couple of jacks from Mouser today. I'm working
6 12's right now (never mind the fact that I had 20 minutes worth of work
today and even less tomorrow) so I won't have time to screw with them until
at least Sunday, but the plug fits the jack perfectly and there isn't a
bushing needed anymore. My headset (Avcomm AC900) is stereo and works great
with just an adapter, but I'll stop at Radio Shack and fetch a 1/4" stereo
jack and a pair of 1/8" plugs so it's all nice and neat. I'll even go
overboard and try to get a box punched and bent at work, maybe 20 ga.
stainless :) Hmm, better yet, I grabbed a 20 pound chunk of 1.5" 6061 out of
the scrap bin (they call that scrap?!?) and stand in front of a seriously
large mill* all day :)

*Seriously large mill = knee mill with enough oomph to make 1.000" cuts in
6061 with a 1.25" endmill.
--
Steve
N205FT