[simpits-tech] Conversion of electrical gauges

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Sat Apr 9 23:45:08 PDT 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 07:35, Chris Brace wrote:
> I have got Mike's  book and I agree with Marc, if your really keen to get
> into this then get this book and have a read. you wont regret the purchase.
> Lots of information about making your own instruments and how easy it can
> be.

	Yep, just placed my order.

> Another site/supplier that can be of help for you is Aircraft Spruce
> (HYPERLINK "http://www.aircraftspruce.com"www.aircraftspruce.com). They
> sell real aircraft equipment and while some of there gear is "real aircraft
> prices" the non-tickets stuff  (not fully certified and doesnt matter to us
> sim builders anyway) isn't too bad, for example i was gonna make the
> throttle and mixture for the cessna 172 that im putting together and after
> checking the price of the aircraft spruce equivalent it was far cheaper and
> much less hastle to purchase the real deal from them. I recommend ordering
> there catalog, its worth the money of your serious about building.....

	Hummmm, do they have vernier engine controls on-the-cheap? I don't see too
much in this department on their site. Do they not have everything online
that's in the catalog? I saw the Cessna parts section, but, yeow. :)
	I've got a junky little throttle box I made using linear pots and R/C gear,
but proper sliders would be nice. Actually I'd like to have lever-style
controls, but my next prospective project would be a lot better suited to
vernier.

	-Matt Bailey