[simpits-tech] Someone's bound to like this...

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 18 10:07:38 PDT 2004

I'm not a lawyer, but it probably isn't really unconstitutional (although it
might be since the govt is essentially conducting the search).  But, just to
play Devil's advocate, there's nothing in the constitution that give you the
right to fly on privately owned aircraft.  Thus, if the airlines want to
search you, they can.  It's their planes and their rules (although I guess
this is the grey area here since it's now the govt. rules), if you don't
want to be searched, they don't have to let you on board the aircraft.

I don't mind being seached, but by God, you better be searching everyone
including the ones that look suspicious, I don't give a shit if it's racial
profiling or not.

There's been reports of plans of small pieces of bombs being smuggled onto
aircraft with the intention of them being left in the lavatory.  Then, when
all the pieces are there, one guy gets on, assembles the pieces and kaboom!!
Not too far fetched given the two Russian airliners that have been blown up.

Jay