[simpits-tech] Someone's bound to like this...

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Sep 18 08:21:41 PDT 2004

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Hasn't anyone in the lobby groups or privacy
> groups figured out these random searches qualify 100% as unlawful
> search
> and/or seizure and are therefore totally unconstitutional? Or that the
> whole point of terrorism is to incite terror, and the occasional
> physical attack is merely a means to an end, and that by our freaking
> out and throwing in a bunch of ridiculous, unconstitutional "feel
> good"
> security measures, we are in fact fulfilling the terrorists'
> intents??? <huge sigh>

The security that has been put in place is not only unconstitutional, it's
also COMPLETELY ineffective. While sitting at the gate I watched a woman
knitting with a pair of 12" long spikes, a guy at a pizza place cutting a
pizza with a LARGE knife, and a burger place selling biological weapons
(billed as "food". Yeah, right). Why is it that my wife, with a 9 month old
baby, got searched 100% of the time?!? It doesn't take a genius to figure
out that someone, possibly the FAA, has managed to use the public's fear to
get away with this. Not only that, but it's ILLEGAL to even give your
opinion about security. Now there's a bill that wants to keep GA AC from
flying over populated areas and requiring GA passengers to go through the
same security as commercial flights. Umm.... no. When I'm flying in the left
seat of a Cessna, *I* make the rules about what is in my aircraft. And I
enforce them with the large caliber firearm under my left arm.

Those that would trade liberty for security deserve neither.

> Hmmmm, it's a cool idea............ :)

Hell, my laptop is so old and slow that it it's much more than a glorified
PDA. I use it to store pics from flash cards and to check email on the road.
It can't handle more than that. So we're talking Scud type bazooka ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net