[simpits-tech] Microstop....

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Mon Mar 29 12:33:23 PST 2004

At 12:04 PM 3/29/2004, you wrote:
> > I have four Microstops, each is setup with a piloted different cutter:
> > Dzus countersink
> > 8-32 100 degree Flathead screws
> > 6-32 100 degree Flathead screws
> > 2-56 100 degree Flathead screws
> >
>Are the 8-24 or 6-24 cutters different?

Yes, because the pilot diameter is different, and the screw head diameter
is different, so the depth of cut is different.

>  Is 100 degrees the "common" angle

MS24693C is a 100 degree flat head screw

>for what you'd typically buy from a bulk supplier like Lowe's?

82 Degrees, but it is best to measure the head diameter

> > >   How do you measure how deep the tool will go?
> >
> > I use a vernier caliper to measure the depth of the face of the screw or
> > rivet below the surface.

I use the depth part of the vernier caliper to see the depth below the
surface the screw or rivet head is.

There is a Mil-Spec that shows the proper installation.

David