[simpits-tech] Fixing Stuck four way switch on the thrust master F22

Inventmd at aol.com Inventmd at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 20:19:14 PST 2004

Hopefully someone can benefit from this......
I had a four way switch that would get stuck going from left to right and
vice versa.  In other words if you pushed it to the left it would stay stuck on
the left side with a repeating key.  If you pushed it to the right side it
would stay stuck on the right side with a repeating key.

Rather than replace the switch, this problem can be solved without opening
the handle of the stick.  The four way button can be pried off the post fairly
easily.  Then, there is a washer like cap that keeps the post from falling out
by itself.  Once this washer like cap is removed, the post can be taken out.
Surrounding the post are 4 buttons arranged top bottom left and right.  The
post presses against the buttons, and depending on which direction you press the
button, the proper buttons activated. I simply shaved off a little bit of
plastic off the post on the sides that contacted the left and right buttons.
This allowed the post to stay in a neutral position rather than too far left or
too far right.
If anyone needs pictures or more detail just e-mail

John Li