[simpits-tech] problems relating to the thrustmaster control sticks

Inventmd at aol.com Inventmd at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 20:19:48 PST 2004

Here are two problems relating to the thrust master control sticks.

One of these I solved myself, the other I need help with... I will post the
solved problems separately in case someone benefit from my experience.

Now, for the more difficult problem.  I recently bought a thrust master F22 /
TQS combo off of the day.  I just figured out how to program it today.
Unfortunately, I get some spontaneously repeating key presses that I assume is
coming from the eraser head mouse on the throttle.  Before I take the thing apart,
I have tried deactivating the programming of mouse.  Using the key test
screen, the spontaneous left arrow key presses stopped.  Unfortunately, a bizarre
thing happens.  The sticks and keyboard seem to work for awhile and then
suddenly lockup so that no key presses work on the keyboard or on the joysticks or
on the throttle.  I have wasted an entire day working on this silly thing.

Oh, one more problem: in the joystick calibration screen of Windows 98, full
deflection of the throttle equals full deflection on the screen.  However on
the joystick calibration screen of Falcon, I can only bring the throttle up to
a maximum of 50 percent.  Any ideas anyone?

John Li