[simpits-tech] This is too cool...

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sun Mar 21 06:03:25 PST 2004

Steve Wilson wrote:
> Okay.  I hate you.

I think we have a consensus... or however that's spelled.

> Why do you want to drive a family car through the sky, tho?  What is
> yours
> and your dad's purpose of having an aircraft?  Are you thinking lots
> of time
> going cross country, or is it going to be a joyride machine?  Do you
> really
> think you're going to fly with four passengers alot, or is it more
> likely
> that it will be the two of you, or you and a pal?  If the later,
> don't waste
> your money on a skybucket!  You'll pay more for that extra pair of
> seats in insurance and fuel costs, not to mention performance.  If
> high wing birds
> are your thing, get an Aerobat or better yet a two seat taildragger.
> Something that can pull G's.  :)  Nothing sez fun like flyin' with
> the legal
> need to wear a parachute.

This whole plan hinges on my getting my CFI and instructing enough to pay
the expenses, plus we'll be using it for trips from Houston to Dallas to see
Dad (plane will be here, he's near DFW, no I'm not landing there!!!), and
trips to Reno, etc. I have enough people to fill a 172 right now, so
anything smaller is out. 100LL is way cheaper than I remember, barely more
than super unleaded anymore (2.65 for 100LL, 1.90 for super), and there's a
super amazing exhaust out there that helps with GPH ;)

I'd love a Citabria or even a 170, but logic says it has to be a 4+ place
tricycle gear something. I have more time in a 172 than anything else so
it's at the top of my list, though I wouldn't turn down a 182RG :) I would
rather have a high wing plane, though. Better view for the baggage... I mean
passengers.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net