[simpits-tech] Question

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Jul 7 11:07:21 PDT 2004

> 	The LCD panel idea has always appealed to me, seems like a cheap(er) way to
> do projection, plus it allows use of really bright overhead projectors
> instead of being stuck with whatever's in an LCD projector. Where did you get
> yours? Ebay?

The one I have I picked up from eBay something like 3 years ago.  The
problem with buying them from eBay is you're competing will all the
knuckle dragging sports fiends that want to watch football on a huge
screen while they guzzle beer and beat their women. ;)

> 	I also recall seeing a page that discussed using LCD panels from laptops (I
> think), with frensel lenses. They made this somewhat large wood box they
> mounted everything in, took the "default" backlighting off the LCD panel, and
> used some sort of bright bulb behind the panel. Looked like a very slick and
> potentially high-quality method.

That would be interesting to see, unfortunately, you need the laptop
working to drive the panel.  They can't be driven from an external source.