[simpits-tech] Interesting stuff...

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 2 16:57:19 PDT 2004

> Nice site g., that is way cool.  I got some of that waxed cord on ebay but
> didn't really know how to tie it.  I've been tying it like I do sutures.
>

>I've suddenly got this picture in my head of a Dr. Jekyll type stalking a
>screaming buxom starlet while waving a curved needle in one hand and a
>500yd roll of waxed lacing cord in the other, all the while yelling, "Slow
>down!  I just need to practice my cable lacing skills!"

>Ewww. :)

Nah, in my line of work it would be more like the 400 pounder and I would be
the on running away.

>A suture knot should be perfectly adequate Jay.  Here is a site that has a
>good tutorial on how lacing is done from the ground up.

Yeah, it works, but sure is cool to do it the right way.  Besides, I've
reached a milestone in my pit progress, just went through my first spool of
500 feet of aircraft electrical wiring.  I had a big celebration.

>http://www.dairiki.org/hammond/cable-lacing-howto/

Man, that sites even better.