[simpits-tech] Windows Questions

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Jan 24 19:39:47 PST 2004

Nathan Giard wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This is my first post even though I've been lurking for years! But
> finally here's a subject I can comment on.
>
> XP Home doesn't support SMP,

I could have sworn that I read that it would handle multiple processors.

> and also, is crippled in the networking
> department. It can't be added to a domain.

What exactly do you mean by that? I'm not the best networking guy in the
world, but so far the networking has been much easier to deal with on XPH
than anything before it that I've used at home.

> Any version of XP or Win2k
> will take advantage of the ram you have.

Even ME will do that, but I've heard that XP does have the memory hole
problem and that it doesn't. I have a gig of RAM and a 5 gig partition on a
2nd drive for the swap file and have had no problems even with over a month
of uptime and lots of starting and stopping big, nasty games, though I
usually reboot once a week just to clean things up.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net