[simpits-tech] Windows Questions

Nathan Giard giardn at hi-net.ne.jp
Sun Jan 25 09:22:00 PST 2004

Hi guys,

This is my first post even though I've been lurking for years! But
finally here's a subject I can comment on.

XP Home doesn't support SMP, and also, is crippled in the networking
department. It can't be added to a domain. Any version of XP or Win2k
will take advantage of the ram you have.

Like Gene said, you will probably have performance issues under Win98
because of its inability to cache that much ram. Also, Win98 won't even
see the second processor.

Good luck!

Nathan