[simpits-tech] Windows Questions

Nathan Giard giardn at hi-net.ne.jp
Mon Jan 26 08:28:03 PST 2004

Hi Steve,

You live in New England, don't you?

Anyway, here's a good comparison between Home and Pro:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

Also, I guess my opinion is a little biased in favor of Win2k since I've
been studying/using for years and have been certified on the Win2k side.
However, I'll use file sharing as an example. Win2k is good to go out of
the box, where on WinXP you have to run the "Networking Wizard" to
facilitate easy access. Either that or you must go into the folder
options and disable "simple file sharing".

To make a long story short, XP is so full of wizards is drives me nuts.
Maybe that makes Win2k harder to use for some people, but I like the
control.

In any case, this is my opinion, you can do with it what you will. :)

Nathan