[simpits-tech] Requests for measurements - SHAME ON YOU

Andre Breytenbach a_breytie at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 08:30:39 PST 2004

I am very upset by what I read in this forum and the
various SimPits webring sites.
Everyone says thay did it, but does not want to share
the resulting info. Compete pits built to to better
than 5mm accuracy shown with a 100 high res pictures
BUT no measurements or plans published. Yes,
www.xflight.de shares info, but with built-in
inaccuracies. Many very long nights of pixel counting
and I am no closer to real measurements than before.
He had CAD drawings on his site a few years ago, but
all gone now - why? I have them on an old backup tape
but no drive to restore the info!
Myself and others come up with fresh ideas and get a
SAM9 up the tailpipe, not helped. Come on people, get
with the spirit of why this forum was started. Please
share the nitty-gritty! If you have commercial
interests that prevent you from sharing the info, tell
us, just stop the BS.

I earn less than US$1000 a month, rent, utilities,
kid's school fees and tranport takes more than half. I
still want to (and will) build my pit, but there is no
way I can import any custom replica or original
panels. EPIC, Sim Instruments, PHIDGETS, you name
them, too money, programming (windoze), and wiring (6
miles I heard mentioned) intensive. I know I can do it
myself with scrap Aluminium, Perspex, stripped CDROMs
and floppy drives, and engraving done at companies
that don't have work for their machines. Electronic
components I must buy, I will buy as I can, but
research will reduce the wastage.

If you have real F-16 Panels and is willing to let
others use them for measurements(without us touching
them), contact me and I will tell you how to scan them
on a flat-bed scanner. If you have some free and free
space on a web-server, let me know so that we can get
the resulting CAD drawings published for all to use.

I will start my own Yahoo web-site (very limited
space)by the 10th Jan at
http://uk.geocities.com/a_breytie/ where I will share
all my reasearch and development work. Bookmark it now
in case I get kicked out of this forum for my harsh
words towards it's most senior members.

Lets get on with it people, let's enable the world to
be filled with F-16 pits.

If I got it wrong about the people in this forum,
PROVE IT and I will applologise where and how you
want.

Best regards
Andre SimNut Breytenbach
Pretoria, South Africa