[simpits-tech] Too Quiet!!!

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:46:06 PDT 2004

I've been working on the "quiet computer" setup for a bit myself. I've made substantial progress by switching entirely to Vantec Stealth fans. Once I get home next week I'm going to start working on re-doing the mounts and putting in some gaskets to cut down on the fan-to-case vibration noise. Right now I'd say my power supply is making the most noise of anything on my computer, but I'll get to that soon enough....

Anywho, the cockpit looks pretty good!

I've actually been wondering about panels myself lately. I'm wondering how I should go about making my main panels. Because in the Mercury the panels just sort of "floated" out on their own and everything hung out in the open, they need to be fairly strong. Also, the main panel has a big bend in the top.

What I was thinking is maybe cutting the panels out of cardboard, making the appropriate bends, and then fiberglassing the whole setup. Any thoughts?

Brian