[simpits-tech] Too Quiet!!!

Andreas Fransson andreas.fransson at valhallainc.net
Thu Apr 29 18:13:24 PDT 2004

I was kinda wondering the same thing myself.. Thought maybe my email was screwed up. But it seems you guys are still around.

As for a cockpit update - not much has happended lately. Or rather nothing at all. I'm keeping busy at work and working on my computer, trying to quiet it down. I've come to the point where the CRT hum from my monitor is audible. Get rid of one noise source, gain another one.... ;)

The last work I did on my cockpit was this winter. I finished the main center panel. It's made of pre-painted masonite (really smooth surface on that thing), that I populated with a bunch of switches from my last "drive", back when I was building a fighter cockpit. Anyways, I tried to get my Epic up and running too, to see if it worked, but failed miserably... I'm guessing it's WinXP's fault, because the Epic has worked before.

Anyways ... the panel sits temporarily in the console for the time being. Here's a couple of pictures:

http://www.valhallainc.net/pics/cockpit_misc/front_panel_wide.jpg
http://www.valhallainc.net/pics/cockpit_misc/front_panel_closeup.jpg
http://www.valhallainc.net/pics/cockpit_misc/front_panel_back.jpg

Part of it is wired up, but I never got around to testing it.

Andreas
http://www.valhallainc.net
http://www.simpits.org

"Failure is not an option. It's included
free with your Microsoft product."