[simpits-tech] Motorcycle input box

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Sep 27 15:37:37 PDT 2003

Brian Sikkema wrote:

> What's an FRS radio? I'm not familiar.

Those cheap walkie talkie replacements with a ~2 mile range. About $20/pair
at Walmart.

> Hehe, yeah, it would probably take me a week to drive down there (I
> think we
> got it up to 55 once, going down a steep hill...) It's a local
> source, I
> take it? Anyway, what I'm REALLY hoping to find is just a general
> diagram/dimensions of the hoops. Between me and my brother, I'm SURE
> we can
> build the things.

Nope, they're somewhere out east:

http://www.hamiltondrygoods.com

Would probably be under $200 for the materials.

> As for sewing, so do I! A very usefull skill, especially when you're
> in
> uniform a lot. Plus I just saved myself $20 by fixing my old pool cue
> case.
> Oh, and I'm handy with all manner of blades and firearms as well - so
> same
> rule goes! ;)

My uniforms just aren't easily available (4th century Visigoth and 15th
century Japanese), so I have to make mine or pay out the blowhole for it.
$20 worth of cotton off the cheap rack will keep me clothed for 2 years. The
armor, however, is a totally different story. I'm about to dump $100 on a
sheet of kydex and $50 on 1/2" tubular nylon to lace it together.
Fortunately a friend of mine works at a sheet metal shop and can sneak my
stuff onto the CNC punch. I really, really don't want to cut about 1000
scales, each with 13 holes, by hand. I'm about to head out to find some
fireplace mortar so I can finish the forge and start beating out a katana...
by hand... start to finish :)

Hmm... perhaps I can understand why everyone thinks I'm completely insane ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net