[simpits-tech] Power Supply

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Wed Sep 24 15:56:00 PDT 2003

Robert Bibber wrote:

> Cover? What cover? :-)

The one on the hard drive that covers the platters and all that. Pop it off
and don't touch anything when it's moving. A friend removed his fingerprints
by touching a 10k RPM platter once.

> My simputer doesn't have a cover - it is in an old ATX case frame
> built into the cockpit with a 120VAC cooling fan blowing filtered air
> directly onto the motherboard. The entire cockpit is enclosed. I'll
> upload some new pics tonight.

I'm planning on mounting all the motherboards to aluminum trays that slide
into racks behind the panel. Possibly with all the connections wired into
card edge stuff so I can yank out bits nice and easy.

But I'll probably be lazy and skip it ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net