[simpits-tech] Eject!!!!!!!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Sep 16 08:21:56 PDT 2003

> Gene, you fly R/C? Ever flown a CG Tiger? I've got a .40-size one, awesome
> flying plane. Not an extreme aerobat like an Extra, but a very nice happy
> medium between that and a trainer. Very smooth, "go-where-you-point-it"
> plane, especially with a .46 in it.

I haven't flown seriously for at least 8 years.  I've poked at it recently
but nothing serious.  I got one of those EPP 1/2A foamies to play with and
for whatever reason it was impossible to fly.  Made nice crunching noises
when I stuffed it into the garbage can though. :)

I put a Super Tigre .46 on a Durabat once.  The thing was a damn rocket.
At full throttle and the dual rates off, it was _still_ a twitch in the
air.  My favorite plane was a Cox Cessna 172.  I pulled the landing gear
off of it, gave it a better firewall and threw a Black Widow .049 with a
tank extender on it.  It would snap roll so fast it looked like white
blob.  A snap roll from a high speed dive put an end to it.  The rubber
bands let go right about the same time as the firewall tore off the front
end.  It landed in three different places.  Ahh, the good old days, eh? :)