[simpits-tech] Eject!!!!!!!

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Thu Sep 18 03:34:33 PDT 2003

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Hmm, guess not. A little P-51 with retracts? Neat.

GWS receivers are about the same size as an HS50 servo. Itty bitty things.
Range kinda sucks, but it's good enough for park fliers.

> Hehe, that's kinda what I was thinking, actually. Not so much because
> of the
> lack of slopes around here (although we do indeed have very few good
> slope
> places that I know of, if any), but because I just wouldn't want to
> have to
> do combat in a glider. I want to be able to point the plane at the
> target and
> head straight for it, regardless of speed or altitude. :)

I've seen an RC rocket glider launch and it's definately something you don't
want hitting another plane under boost. The guy flying it told me that if
you touched the sticks, even with low rate set to about 10%, it was
completely uncontrollable. He eventually figured out a way to set up the
mixes so that he could get a nearly invisible amount of movement on the
elevons, but it would still roll faster than you could see.

> Well ok, I know it's not an old model per se, I mean this particular
> plane
> has been flying for a long time. For me anyway, 7 years is quite a
> while for
> a plane to still be flying. :)

True. I don't have anything airworthy that's older than a couple of years,
unfortunately.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net