[simpits-tech] Eject!!!!!!!

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue Sep 16 03:02:44 PDT 2003

Matt Bailey wrote:
> I've heard the "indestructibles" are dogs to fly, would the Slow
> Stick fall
> into that category?

Nope, it's definately not indestructible. It weighs less than a pound ready
to go and will hover in a stiff breeze. It took 20 minutes, and finally a
roll of duct tape, before I could take a picture of it outside. The thing
kept flying off the hood of the car in a 5 MPH breeze.

> Gene, you fly R/C? Ever flown a CG Tiger? I've got a .40-size one,
> awesome
> flying plane. Not an extreme aerobat like an Extra, but a very nice
> happy
> medium between that and a trainer. Very smooth,
> "go-where-you-point-it"
> plane, especially with a .46 in it.

Me and those slimy, loud things just don't get along. I have a Magnum .40
that's been run about 3 minutes total. I flew sailplanes, up to 120" open
class stuff, for years then they built houses on my field and killed that
idea. Now I'm trying electrics with mixed results. A Sig Rascal managed to
get the antenna stuck between the rudder and fin on the first flight.
Blammo. Couldn't get a Zagi to fly for anything. Many, many blammos. Retired
it, still intact, before I killed more servos. 2 Firebird IIs flew great
until I put a 5 cell pack in one, spun the prop off, and got it stuck in a
tree last year. I'll see if it's still there this weekend when I go back to
the place. The other one is having trim issues for some bizarre reason, but
I'm going to stick a micro Rx and a pair of HS-50s in it and see what I can
make it do. The really scary part is that it'll actually be lighter with the
real radio than stock. Prop ain't coming off this time since I'm making an
adapter on the lathe that will hold the thing on at about mach 3. I still
have an original Airtronics Sagitta, Top Flite Metrick, and Larry Jolly
Prodigy in various states of assembly, need to recover my Larry Jolly
Prelude (awesome sailplane trainer with a couple of minor mods), and my
Gentle Lady (w/ v-tail, 3 pc. wing, and flaps) has been lost to 3 moves
worth of hangar rash. I'm sick of hauling out the high start, so I think I'm
going to build a Sagitta with a glass fuselage, modified tail (no rudder
counterbalance, elevator instead of flying stab), glassed foam wings with
flaps, spoilers, and ailerons, and a geared brushless motor. That should
keep me entertained ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net