[simpits-tech] Projector impressions

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Oct 17 10:03:12 PDT 2003

>  If I had the room I would place the projector behind the screen and use
> the invers function, but room is a real problem for me, I think gene
> said his setup projects from behind the screen.

That's what I'm using alright.  The screen is just a bit over 8' wide just
about 8' high.  The only problem that I've got with rear projection is the
hotspot in the center of the screen that's created by the intense light
coming out of the overhead projector.  It's initially quite noticable, but
after a bit you tend to ignore it.

The screen sits about 3.5 to 4 feet foreward of the windscreen edge.
We're going to drag it back to be even with that edge to see how it
improves things.  The canopy bow clips the screen nicely when the canopy
is closed, but it needs to be a bit closer to the pilot I think.