[simpits-tech] Air & Space Smithsonian....

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 02:36:55 -0500

sean.g@paradise.net.nz wrote:

> So lets see... "turn" is a component of lean angle, which is
> controlled by counter-steer/bar pressure, peg loads, body position....

Mostly countersteering. Shifting weight to the inside of turns is mostly for
ground clearance.

> How about using load sensors on the bars (i.e. to measure
> counter-steer
> pressures) which in turn roll the bike, and have a position sensor on
> the bike
> which feeds the game turn commands....  Then you need to sense
> fore/aft loads
> to adjust body position in the game

Yup, that's the idea. Just have to figure out how to do it.

> oh and "pull" on the bars for
> wheelies..did I mention I like wheelies? ;-)

Pull back to do wheelies? Why do you have to do that? ;) Both of my bikes
have more power than they really need and wheelies aren't optional during
heavy acceleration. The Buell pulls the front wheel at about 4500 RPM at
full throttle. The 7R pulls the wheel... ok, the 7R doesn't have a throttle,
it has an attitude control ;) Open throttle, raise nose. One thought running
through my mind during my very illegal ride around the block the other night
was "positive rate, gear up!" The other was "how can I explain messing
myself to she who washes my shorts."
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net