[simpits-tech] Keyboard encoders

Dave Hensley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 23:50:02 -0400

I looking into buying a keyboard encoder for my project and wanted the
opinions (and guidance) of those who have gone before me.

I am most familiar with Hagstroms offering, but found some others that I've
listed the links for below. Does anyone have any knowledge of these other
encoders?

http://www.audon.co.uk/kbe-98.html

The KBE-98 information states that there is no limit to the number of
switches that can be connected. Not sure how that would work, but wouldn't
that be a better solution than the KE-72 from Hagstrom which only allows 72
inputs??

or

http://www.vetra.com/Encoder2.htm

If I am reading this right, the VIP-412 supports up to 128 inputs. I don't
know the difference between "discrete contact closures" and "matrix switches
" though. Anyone help me out on that?

Thanks for any help!!

Dave