[simpits-tech] Seat Adjustment

Keenan Akin simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:17:45 -0600

--------------050405010908080904050707

Different size pilots and different cockpits lend themselves to various
ingress techniques (spoken like an engineer).  I know several Hornet
drivers and most all of them step onto the seat on the way in.  It
really shouldn't matter.  Just build your seat strong enough to support
your weight.

Keenan

L39driver@aol.com wrote:

> Sir,
>
> You are right there is a correct way to climb into a cockpit, I have
> never really known any real fighter pilot to stand on a seat as for
> the chap that said he flew A4,s or was it F 4;s I am not sure he is
> telling the truth in when I was with the RN we do it this way
>
> 1   put your bum on the railing
> 2 reach over with your left hand and grab the other side of the
> cockpit they are not that big
> 3 place your right hand on same side as you are climbing in
> 4 lift your leg over the panels and slide in watching your nuts do not
> get caught on the stick
>
> then get strapped in simple as that
>
> Thumper

--------------050405010908080904050707

<head>
</head>
Different size pilots and different cockpits lend themselves to various ingress
techniques (spoken like an engineer). &nbsp;I know several Hornet drivers and
most all of them step onto the seat on the way in. &nbsp;It really shouldn't matter.
&nbsp;Just build your seat strong enough to support your weight.<br>
Keenan<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:L39driver@aol.com">L39driver@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
Sir,<br>
 You are right there is a correct way to climb into a cockpit, I have never
really known any real fighter pilot to stand on a seat as for the chap that
said he flew A4,s or was it F 4;s I am not sure he is telling the truth in
when I was with the RN we do it this way<br>
 1&nbsp;&nbsp; put your bum on the railing <br>
 2 reach over with your left hand and grab the other side of the cockpit
they are not that big <br>
 3 place your right hand on same side as you are climbing in<br>
 4 lift your leg over the panels and slide in watching your nuts do not get
caught on the stick <br>
 then get strapped in simple as that <br>

--------------050405010908080904050707--