[simpits-tech] Seat Adjustment

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:55:39 +1300

--=====================_1189891==_.ALT

Cor.. you plain just can't do it that way in an A-4... if you sat on the
canopy rail you'd have a sill 12" long to sit on, and swing around.  A-4's
are *tiny* in the cockpit department!  You really do "strap the jet on"
rather than getting into it ;-)

Sean.

At 10:45 AM 3/11/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Sir,
>
>You are right there is a correct way to climb into a cockpit, I have never
>really known any real fighter pilot to stand on a seat as for the chap
>that said he flew A4,s or was it F 4;s I am not sure he is telling the
>truth in when I was with the RN we do it this way
>
>1   put your bum on the railing
>2 reach over with your left hand and grab the other side of the cockpit
>they are not that big
>3 place your right hand on same side as you are climbing in
>4 lift your leg over the panels and slide in watching your nuts do not get
>caught on the stick
>
>then get strapped in simple as that
>
>Thumper

--=====================_1189891==_.ALT

Cor.. you plain just can't do it that way in an A-4... if you sat on the
canopy rail you'd have a sill 12&quot; long to sit on, and swing
around.&nbsp; A-4's are *tiny* in the cockpit department!&nbsp; You
really do &quot;strap the jet on&quot; rather than getting into it
;-)<br><br>
Sean.<br><br>
At 10:45 AM 3/11/03 -0500, you wrote:<br>
You are right there is a correct way to climb into a cockpit, I have
never really known any real fighter pilot to stand on a seat as for the
chap that said he flew A4,s or was it F 4;s I am not sure he is telling
the truth in when I was with the RN we do it this way<br><br>
1&nbsp;&nbsp; put your bum on the railing <br>
2 reach over with your left hand and grab the other side of the cockpit
they are not that big <br>
3 place your right hand on same side as you are climbing in<br>
4 lift your leg over the panels and slide in watching your nuts do not
get caught on the stick <br><br>
then get strapped in simple as that <br><br>