[simpits-tech] NICE pit!

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:11:31 -0500

>From my understanding, Chris Woodul knows Matt quite well (got some goodies
for him if I recall).  Chris is planning an F-16 similar to Matt's and has
asked Matt to help him I believe.  He has also asked me to help him
(probably to go get beers and stuff from Home Depot) but I'll probably be
feverishly taking notes on how to do stuff like Matt has done.

BTW, does anyone know what he does for a living?  I assume he is an
electrical engineer or engineer of some sorts.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org [mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 4:40 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] NICE pit!

Actually, the HUD is easy. :)

He started with a Canada Marconi A7 HUD.  From there he cut off a spacer
ring in the rear and then mounted a 5" monochrome CRT.  Ta da, working
HUD! :)

Later on he got the ICP that's on it now and with some mods, fitted it up.
Very cool any way you look at it.

FYI, Project Magenta software is drawing the HUD symbology.

g.