[simpits-tech] Space Nuts Unite!

Michael simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:40:44 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1762449283-1054867244=:80630

I built last year an Apollo launch sim that wasn't really very good for a Summer Space Camp I ran -- this year I have a better capsule built and the software I use is Apollo 18:  The Moon Missions.  I had 50 kids figure out how to launch it; its not that easy.

I don't have time for more details; but I also built a shuttle landing simulator using wideview and fs 2000; that worked out well; i used orbiter for a little bit; the undocking with the international space station; but once they got into the atmosphere; I switched the whole system over to FS2000.  I had 1 computer running Orbiter and 5 running FS2000; so I just used a mouse/keyboard/monitor switch to make the transfer.

Fr.Darcy
Holy Cross Catholic Church, Dover DE

--0-1762449283-1054867244=:80630

<DIV>I built last year an Apollo launch sim that wasn't really very good for a Summer Space Camp I ran -- this year I have a better capsule built and the software I use is Apollo 18:&nbsp; The Moon Missions.&nbsp; I had 50 kids figure out how to launch it; its not that easy.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't have time for more details; but I also built a shuttle landing simulator using wideview and fs 2000; that worked out well; i used orbiter for a little bit; the undocking with the international space station; but once they got into the atmosphere; I switched the whole system over to FS2000.&nbsp; I had 1 computer running Orbiter and 5 running FS2000; so I just used a mouse/keyboard/monitor switch to make the transfer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Fr.Darcy</DIV>
<DIV>Holy Cross Catholic Church, Dover DE</DIV>
--0-1762449283-1054867244=:80630--