[simpits-tech] Space Nuts Unite!

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:17:37 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C32BB8.A7206200

I've been told that the latest version of Orbiter will have a =
much-improved atmospheric flight setup, so maybe you'll be able to use =
it the whole time now. It also has a particle system, and the pics I've =
seen of the launch are SPECTACULAR! :)

I just finished applying for a sourceforge group, Orbital Simulations. =
Once I find out if that is approved I can start getting things together =
a little bit, mailing list, webpage, etc. I really think if we can get a =
few heads together working on the collective problems unique to space =
simulation (none of you atmospheric geeks need to run an 8-ball, =
bleh)(wait, neither do I...), we can make some good progress.

Brian
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael=20
  To: simpits-tech@simpits.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 10:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Space Nuts Unite!

  I built last year an Apollo launch sim that wasn't really very good =
for a Summer Space Camp I ran -- this year I have a better capsule built =
and the software I use is Apollo 18:  The Moon Missions.  I had 50 kids =
figure out how to launch it; its not that easy.

  I don't have time for more details; but I also built a shuttle landing =
simulator using wideview and fs 2000; that worked out well; i used =
orbiter for a little bit; the undocking with the international space =
station; but once they got into the atmosphere; I switched the whole =
system over to FS2000.  I had 1 computer running Orbiter and 5 running =
FS2000; so I just used a mouse/keyboard/monitor switch to make the =
transfer.

  Fr.Darcy
  Holy Cross Catholic Church, Dover DE
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C32BB8.A7206200

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've been told that the latest version =
of Orbiter=20
will have a much-improved atmospheric flight setup, so maybe you'll be =
able to=20
use it the whole time now. It also has a particle system, and the pics =
I've seen=20
of the launch are SPECTACULAR! :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just finished applying for a =
sourceforge group,=20
Orbital Simulations. Once I find out if that is approved I can start =
getting=20
things together a little bit, mailing list, webpage, etc. I really think =
if we=20
can get a few heads together working on the collective problems unique =
to space=20
simulation (none of you atmospheric geeks need to run an 8-ball, =
bleh)(wait,=20
neither do I...), we can make some good progress.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dmike_seton_hall@yahoo.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:mike_seton_hall@yahoo.com">Michael</A> </DIV>
title=3Dsimpits-tech@simpits.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:simpits-tech@simpits.org">simpits-tech@simpits.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, June 05, 2003 =
10:40=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [simpits-tech] =
Space Nuts=20
  Unite!</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I built last year an Apollo launch sim that wasn't really very =
good for a=20
  Summer Space Camp I ran -- this year I have a better capsule built and =
the=20
  software I use is Apollo 18:&nbsp; The Moon Missions.&nbsp; I had 50 =
kids=20
  figure out how to launch it; its not that easy.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I don't have time for more details; but I also built a shuttle =
landing=20
  simulator using wideview and fs 2000; that worked out well; i used =
orbiter for=20
  a little bit; the undocking with the international space station; but =
once=20
  they got into the atmosphere; I switched the whole system over to=20
  FS2000.&nbsp; I had 1 computer running Orbiter and 5 running FS2000; =
so I just=20
  used a mouse/keyboard/monitor switch to make the transfer.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Fr.Darcy</DIV>
  <DIV>Holy Cross Catholic Church, Dover =
DE</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C32BB8.A7206200--