[simpits-tech] Space Nuts Unite!

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:27:22 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C32BA0.DECF5FC0

Thanks, Jim, I'll add your name to my list! :) I also noticed that one =
of people in the thread on the eDimensional glasses mentioned building a =
space simulator. I've fired him an email telling him about simpits, as =
well as my little project. So hopefully I've found a new member for both =
groups! :)

BTW, I'd be interested to hear more about your work, too! I'm currently =
working in a lab at my school devoted to ion and hall thruster research, =
and having a blast of it. As a matter of fact we just today got our =
website up and running. It needs some work yet, but hey, it's less than =
24hours old, the problems will be fixed soon enough!
http://www.me.mtu.edu/researchAreas/isp/index.html

It looks like we got a new name, too. We used to be the Advanced Space =
Propulsion Lab. I rather like the new one. The old one was nice, until =
you realized the acronym, when said aloud, read "asspull." Tends to suck =
the fun out of a good acronym! ;)

Brian
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Sturcbecher=20
  To: simpits-tech@simpits.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 6:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Space Nuts Unite!

  Hi Brian,

  as I am already in the aerospace industry as a spacecraft systems
  designer/problem-solver, I would certainly be interested in =
discussions
  on various aspects of spacecraft simulation. This is one area where I
  have always intended looking into in the future, (have a B737-800 to
  finish first), and hope that I may be able to contribute something to
  this potential group.

  Keep us posted.

  Jim.