[simpits-tech] Space Nuts Unite!

Jim Sturcbecher simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:07:14 +0200

Hi Brian,<br><br>
as I am already in the aerospace industry as a spacecraft systems<br>
designer/problem-solver, I would certainly be interested in
discussions<br>
on various aspects of spacecraft simulation. This is one area where
I<br>
have always intended looking into in the future, (have a B737-800
to<br>
finish first), and hope that I may be able to contribute something
to<br>
this potential group.<br><br>
Keep us posted.<br><br>
Jim.<br><br>
At 5-6-03 21:31, you wrote:<br>
Simpitters,</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
process of, or thinking about, building a space simulator, particularly
people who are using the Orbiter software. Even if you're not going to
build a pit, but enjoy Orbiter, I may want your input.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
reasons, and I think it may be a terrific platform for simulators. If
more game developers would take Martin Schweiger's ideas of constantly
updating the program and constantly expanding the SDK, I think there
would be a lot of happy people here on the Simpits list. As such I have
always planned on using it for my Mercury simulator.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
issues with the program. Minor ones, of course, but problems nonetheless
that I would like to see taken care of. Problems specific to the
simpitting community, that are unlikely to even be noticed by the casual
gamer, and therefore unlikely to be addressed anytime soon. Some of these
would probably be easy fixes, but I would more than likely be the only
person asking for them at this point, and as such they are unlikely to
get implimented.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
page and group specifically for those of us interested in using Orbiter
as a simpitting platform. If we can put our heads together, and determine
what features we consider essential to the simpitting cause, and what
fixes we would like to see, and then approach Dr. Schweiger as a group
rather than as individuals, we stand a better chance of having these key
features implimented. From my experience Dr. Schweiger is a very
reasonable man and very open to suggestions, but as I mentioned, if I am
the only person asking for something, he will be much less likely to
impliment it - remember, this is a personal side-project of his, which he
doesn't get paid for.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
be a trading point for ideas, information, and perhaps most importantly,
code. The Orbiter SDK is powerful, but that also makes it confusing.
Having a trading point for code specifically related to simpitting would
be an invaluable tool for many, myself included.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
related ideas, please let me know. Thanks!</font><br>