[simpits-tech] F-16 Force Sensitive Side Stick Update:

James Hallows simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 22:14:25 +0100

At 14:42 01/06/03 -0400, you wrote:<br>
have the first FULLY WORKING prototype with the control box
completed.&nbsp; <br><br>
I have finally flown it in Falcon 4 and was a little concerned about the
roll axis since it seems to take a lot of yanking to get full deflection
on the DVM, but I was wrong, it flies like a dream!&nbsp; This baby
rocks!<br><br>
I had it bench mounted so it is not in the actual position it would be in
a cockpit.&nbsp; Still, it is everything I had hoped for and more.&nbsp;
It is remarkably stable and accurate.&nbsp; It seems easy enough to steer
the aircraft where you want it with precision.&nbsp; It takes some
getting used to since the stick forces are much higher than a standard PC
joystick, but welcome to reality.&nbsp; I am very
Marv,<br><br>
It look superb! Congratulations ;)<br><br>
Cheers<br><br>
James<br>