[simpits-tech] Jetstream Update

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:15:26 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Ahhhhh, Lear is somewhere between a sports car and a military
> fighter. :) Me
> like very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've actually only been in a 35
> simulator, but it was a real nose section I believe. Yeah they're
> small but I
> like 'em better than Merlins etc. :) That massive "eyebrow"
> glareshield, the
> canted panel, annunciator panel............it just needs a
> fighter-style
> joystick. :)

I halfway remember hearing something about the newest Citation having a
sidestick and entirely too much power. Anyone know anything about that?

> It would be interesting to see what the Learjet is capable of. :) If
> the sim
> is any indication, it has very light, snappy roll response although
> heavy
> pitch. It's a ROCKET though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to do something like that, make sure to tell the guy running
the sim to turn off the motion. The hydraulics really don't like what
they're told to do when you turn a Saab upside down ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net