[simpits-tech] Jetstream Update

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:43:36 -0500

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 11:22 pm, you wrote:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
> > Aww come on they're not that tiny. :) Similar in size to a King Air
> > anyway.
>
> Ok, compared to a Lear xx they're huge. I can't sit upright in a Lear 35
> without cocking my head to the side. The KA300 I have a bit of time in was
> much, much better than either the J31 or L35.

	Ahhhhh, Lear is somewhere between a sports car and a military fighter. :) Me
like very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've actually only been in a 35
simulator, but it was a real nose section I believe. Yeah they're small but I
like 'em better than Merlins etc. :) That massive "eyebrow" glareshield, the
canted panel, annunciator panel............it just needs a fighter-style
joystick. :)

> > The cockpit is monstrously comfortable, at least compared to Barons
> > etc.
> > Plenty of room up there. I'm not a fan of heavy metal planes but I
> > must say
> > the Merlin makes ya feel like a "big dog". :) Unfortunately it also
> > handles
> > like a big dog.........(IIRC one of its nicks is "air pig")........
>
> That's the nice thing about the Saab 340. Flies great. Loops nice, too, if
> you can handle the screams from the big cargo bay ;)

	It would be interesting to see what the Learjet is capable of. :) If the sim
is any indication, it has very light, snappy roll response although heavy
pitch. It's a ROCKET though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

	-Matt Bailey