[simpits-tech] Jetstream Update

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:22:05 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:
> Aww come on they're not that tiny. :) Similar in size to a King Air
> anyway.

Ok, compared to a Lear xx they're huge. I can't sit upright in a Lear 35
without cocking my head to the side. The KA300 I have a bit of time in was
much, much better than either the J31 or L35.

> The cockpit is monstrously comfortable, at least compared to Barons
> etc.
> Plenty of room up there. I'm not a fan of heavy metal planes but I
> must say
> the Merlin makes ya feel like a "big dog". :) Unfortunately it also
> handles
> like a big dog.........(IIRC one of its nicks is "air pig")........

That's the nice thing about the Saab 340. Flies great. Loops nice, too, if
you can handle the screams from the big cargo bay ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net