[simpits-tech] Ok, I'm screwed

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:09:32 -0500

Ack, sorry to hear that. Hmmm, I suppose this would be too much to hope for,
but does OE store e-mail as plain old text? Try opening the DBX file in a
text editor.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but you really SHOULD lose OE. It's
universally recognized as one of the sorriest e-mail clients known to man. My
client (KMail) saves as plain text, also I've noticed when it's died
ungracefully the worst result is typically the last messages I got are marked
as unread that should be marked as read. Now I wouldn't recommend this
particular client as it has an annoying bug that every now and then wipes out
old e-mails whenever you highlight them (!) at least the version I have, but
AFAIK KMail is Linux only anyway, just an example for you...........on
Windows I used Netscape mail (4.7x), worked great. I've also heard of one
called The Bat that's supposed to be good. Just some ideas.

	-Matt Bailey