[simpits-tech] Ok, I'm screwed

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:01:48 -0500

I hate Microsoft. While reading my mail I got a BSOD and had to reboot. When
I got everything running again I had lost the contents of my Inbox in
Outlook Express. The DBX file is still quite a few megs so I knew it was all
still there, so I hunted down a thing called Outlook Express Recovery and
downloaded the demo. Worked great, except that the demo would only fix about
a dozen messages. I have some very important info in there so I was ready to
buy the thing to fix the problem. What do they want for it? $150?!?! So now
I'm back to being screwed.

Does anyone know of any other utilities that will fix a corrupt OE DBX file?
I gotta get that data back. From now on I'm going to be backing up all of my
DBX files every day, if not every few hours.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net