[simpits-tech] Ok, I'm screwed

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:27:17 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:
> Ack, sorry to hear that. Hmmm, I suppose this would be too much to
> hope for,
> but does OE store e-mail as plain old text? Try opening the DBX file
> in a
> text editor.

Nope, not plain text, but I unscrewed myself. Found a freeware app called
DBXtract that digs through the file and extracts it to EML files. I figured
that I could at least see the data even if it wasn't actually in OE. Then I
thought, what if I drag and drop an EML into OE... yup, it works :) So I
managed to get it back.

> Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but you really SHOULD lose OE. It's
> universally recognized as one of the sorriest e-mail clients known to
> man.

Doesn't suprise me, but it does what I  need it to. One of these days I'll
find something better, but it might take a few years ;) I used Netscape 3
until about 6 months ago when I found OE Quotefix and switched to Outlook so
it can handle multiple accounts.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net