[simpits-tech] May the Force Feedback be with you...

Keenan Akin simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:41:49 -0600

--------------000008040009030802050507

Matt,

You idea about trimming by moving the cylinder is a good one.  I
sometimes make things harder than they have to be.  I will revise my
design again at post it for another sanity check...

Thanks,

Keenan

Matt Bailey wrote:

>Well, venting the air as you move the stick will not only change stick
>pressure at a given control surface loading and stick position, it will
>change the centering of the stick. I'd say seal off the chambers. You don't
>really get a drifting center in real planes, just a constant amount of force
>required for a given control surface loading and control position.
>
>My idea is to have sealed chambers for the air, just adjust the air pressure
>with airspeed, rather than bleeding air off as you move the stick. So, if you
>were flying at a given airspeed and had half up-elevator, you would have to
>hold one, constant force to keep the stick at that position. If you slowed
>down, a regulator would reduce the air pressure in both chambers, hence less
>force required to hold that half up-elevator. As you released the stick,
>force would naturally be less as the stick neared center.
>
>I figured for elevator trim you could simply move the air cylinder assembly
>forward/aft.
>
>	-Matt Bailey
>
>On Friday 07 February 2003 08:47, you wrote:
>
>>That was basically the thought.  What are your comments (he asks, with some
>>trepidation)?
>>
>>Keenan

<head>
</head>
Matt,<br>
You idea about trimming by moving the cylinder is a good one. &nbsp;I sometimes
make things harder than they have to be. &nbsp;I will revise my design again at
post it for another sanity check...<br>
Thanks,<br>
Keenan<br>
Matt Bailey wrote:<br>