[simpits-tech] Tech Help Needed: Aircraft Power

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:27:22 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Jim Sturcbecher wrote:

> In theory, yes; as long as the type of power is the same for each bus-bar.
> On my B737, there are 27 power busses, split into various functions and
> carrying different power types from 28VDC, to 120VAC. Sources come
> from Generators, batteries, convertors, external trolley etc. Destinations
> depend upon system design, configuration and equipment requirements.

sounds pretty similar to the setup here.

> Are you trying to emulate the complete power system in the 41, or just
> using the bus distribution system to give you power where you need it?

The latter. having to re-wire ourselves for the items we need (cabin
lighting, nav-lights etc) would be a complete pain in the tail!

Roy.