[simpits-tech] Tech Help Needed: Aircraft Power

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:29:25 +0100 (BST)

I should have added the following really:

For the airport's 70th birthday celebration/open-day, they popped a couple
of car batteries in series (giving 24v) to get the cabin lights working.
Needless to say, the PDU promptly enabled the tie-bar allowing power onto
the other busbars - causing some confusion!

I joined this merry band shortly after this incident, and given that many
wires have been severed on this plane, you can imagine how my butt
twitched when I looked at what they had done.

Roy.