[simpits-tech] Dual Differential Toe Brakes.. How? (I'm stuck!)

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:27:03 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Not sure I understand what you mean. All you'd need to do is position
> the sensor so the pedal doesn't contact it until near the end of its
> range.

I thought you were talking about a purely hydraulic sensor (hydrostatic load
cell). My plan is to put plain old pots on the end of the slave cylinder
output pushrod, probably with a sliding linkage that allows for imbalance.
Or maybe a pair of slaves connected to a common pot so that both brakes move
at the same time (left capt. and left FO, for example). My joystick setup
will mainly just let me adjust the force required to operate it by adjusting
a needle valve in the hydraulic circuit. I'd love to put load cells on it,
but that takes a bunch more cash than I want to throw at a joystick right
now ;)

> Keep us posted. :)

I'll be a while. I have a few other projects with higher priority. First is
a bunkbed for the boys. Fortunately one won't be here until about
Thanksgiving so I have a little time ;) Another is a carbon fiber tank "bag"
for the Ninja. The Buell wants her tankbag back and it's a nightmare to
swap. After that is a new desk... ok, somewhat cockpit shaped, that will
hold all the cool joystick stuff I want to build. Gotta be able to do "real"
work, too, unfortunately.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net