[simpits-tech] OT: EX Copter Crash

Mark Collins simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:59:02 -0500

You have a lot more options on where you can land a helicopter then you do
for landing a plane.  You can pretty much set down a helicopter any place
where the diameter of the Rotor blades will fit.  A plane on the other hand
needs some type of open area long enough to accommodate the approach as well
as the ground run off.  While you are correct that the helicopter doesn't
have the same glide ratio as an air plane, the trade off is that it has a
lot more options on where it can land!

Mark