[simpits-tech] OT: EX Copter Crash

Ben Jones simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:12:51 +0800

true if the helo is running sweet and the pilot has full controll as per
normal flight

having been in a army helo (on my basic grunt training) during a simulated
autorotation .. it was really hairy that i the only time i have crapped my
self in a aircraft and thought this is it im a dead passenger.

during the debrief   the recorded video was played back at the start the
instructor paused the video and got the student to piont out his touchdown
point, the video was played in full after that pause ........... any how out
actual touchdown point was know where near the picked point, if this
incident was super imposed over a built up residental area , we would of
taken out a couple of houses.

yes this situation played with a aircraft may of produced the same outcome ,
but there is a greater chance to try and clear built up areas , and start
looking for the mystical golf course to land on

ben
bjones@pipecomp.com.au