Re[3]: [simpits-tech] converting instruments

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

> Ok Gene, Touche'

:)

> The F-111's Three Axis Attitude Indicator has a need for D to A's
> alone...pitch, roll and yaw. Imagine how many I would need for the Vertical
> tapes?
I can just imagine.  I've got an ADI _and_ an HSI I have to get working.
The HSI has a "de-mil'd" connector on the back that has to be replaced as
well. :(

> I still want to know more about the Phidgets thing you guys are working on
> and how that can apply to what I am doing myself.
> care to give a short disertation on that?

They're really simple, not much to describe.  The more complex ones do
download their software on connect, so it's easy to do firmware updates on
them.  Chester is really good about looking at new ideas for Phidgets.  I
bet if you described the requirements of the DA conversion needed to drive
Synchros, he'd pick it up and run with it. :)

g.